Hey, folks. I'm Talmanes, and I'm your new moderator. Becoming a moderator involved going through the rigorous process of responding to indigoskynet
's semi-desperate, open plea for someone to help her out, so I'm sure you'll all agree that I am amazingly qualified for this job. Or something.
Today I have a selection of easy-to-difficult quotes for you guys to answer. These are 3 Point
quotes, meaning that answering them means you've got to post up 3 quotes of your own. I'll strike 'em as they're gobbled up. My apologies for any misquotes.
Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
-- "Donnie Darko", as guessed by filmbuff
You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science.
-- "Anchorman: the Legend of Ron Burgundy", as guessed by flusterbunny
03. Gentleman 1: General, you are a Buddhist. Perhaps there is some 'middle way' to solve this problem?
Gentleman 2: Float like leaf on river of life. And kill old lady.
Is the colonel's underwear a matter of national security?
-- "A Few Good Men", as guessed by flusterbunny
I-wanna-kill ev-ery-one... Satan-is-good... Satan-is our-pal.
-- "The 'Burbs", as guessed by dkphoenix
07. Child: Talk to her, dad. She's a doctor.
Father: Of what? Her first name could be Doctor.
08. I made you. I'm in your blood. You don't go anywhere until I let you go.
09. When my brothers and I played cowboys and Indians, I was always the Chinese railroad worker.
You must lash out with every limb, like the octopus who plays the drums.
-- "Mystery Men", as guessed by indigoskynet
We also have some Questions Emeritus, which I will repost. As the moderator, I have looked up these quotes and thus know what the proper answers are, so even if their original posters don't see this, I can still say yea or nay to your responses. This means, of course, that I will not be answering any of them -- that would be cheating. These are 2 Point
questions, meaning you'll only have to throw down 2 quotes for each one you answer. If any of them survive to the next round, they'll drop to 1 point. Yay, right?
If you answer one of these, make sure you label it -- say "talmanes
01" instead of just "01" (since "01" would be from the main list of 10, dig?). You don't really have to do the LJ tag, but you can if you wanna.
(yes, it is quite literally a second game unto itself):
Somebody help! I've been kidnapped by a monster who's trying to relate to me!
-- "Shrek the Third", as guessed by filmbuff
02. Are you embarrassed
by this game I've started to play?
03. I have bad dreams. Hell, yes. Just look at me, you can tell I have terrible dreams.
04. You need both of those things in you to get all ...wormy.
When I first met you, you were like, "Oh, phooey, I burned the darn muffins." Now you walk into a bar, and ten minutes later, sailors come runnin' out.
-- "The Long Kiss Goodnight", as guessed by flusterbunny
06. Shhh... I'm about to defy you.
07. What, and miss you hearing such lovely things?
08. Character 1:Which would you rather eat, a stalk of celery, or a brownie?
Character 2: Is this a trick question?
Basic principles? There are none.
-- "Hitch", as guessed by lair_of_fenrir
10. Dutch Apple pie?
01. Daddy would have gotten us Uzis.
02. What the hell is this? Is this a 1974 Mercedes 450SL for twenty-four thousand dollars? Well, that's too fucking high! *KABOOM*
03. You're young and you got your health, what you want with a job?
By the authority vested in me by Kaiser William II, I pronounce you man and wife. Proceed with the execution.
-- "The African Queen", as guessed by joiedecombat
02. Marriage is a concept invented by people who were lucky to make it to 20 without being eaten by dinosaurs. Marriage is obsolete.
03. Well hell's bells, if it ain't Felony Melanie.
01. Look Morty, do me a favor, okay? Don't call here any more unless you want to have a serious conversation, alright?
01. Don't be fatuous, Jeffrey.
02. You got mad squabbles, boy!
03. Character 1: Rise and shine, professor!
Character 2: You rise! You shine!
04. [after Character 2 drunkenly throws a bowling ball out the window]
Character 1: You could have killed someone!
Character 2: The way I bowl?
05. Character 1: You're aging.
Character 2: You're helping.
Character 1: I wasn't looking for a girl like that.
Character 2: Well, Columbus wasn't looking for America, my man, but that turned out to be pretty okay for everybody.
-- "Old School", as guessed by filmbuff
01. Right now, as we speak, your daughter has entered a hotbed of moral... turpentine.
I'm on Planet 'X' lookin' for a dweeb who wears green fatigues. He wears glasses.
-- "Stargate", as guessed by joiedecombat
What's his type? Wilting flower? Bright and bubbly? Or smoldering temptress?
-- "Moulin Rouge", as guessed by joiedecombat
Go get 'em, tigers!